Love cheesecake but not the calories that come with it? Here’s a recipe for a no-bake tofu cheesecake that you don’t have to feel guilty about. Happy cooking and eating!
No-bake Tofu Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
“By replacing part of the cream cheese with soy products, this dessert is lower in carbs, sugar and fat – and higher in healthy plant protein – than conventional cheesecakes! You’ll definitely love the unique combination of soy and cream cheese, with the touch of lemon!” – Caleb Mok, dietician at PanAsia Surgery Group
Ingredients for crust
- 160g Digestive biscuits
- 40g soft margarine (room temperature)
Ingredients for filling
- 300g firm tofu (chilled)
- 250g cream cheese (chilled)
- 100g brown sugar
- 160ml unsweetened soy milk (chilled)
- 15g gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
1. Crush the biscuits finely in a food processor or blender. Combine with soft margarine and blend well. Press the mixture firmly on the greased spring-form pan. Then, chill the crust in the refrigerator while preparing the cheesecake filling.
2. Pour the gelatin into a bowl and mix well with 60ml of unsweetened soy milk. Microwave for about 35 seconds.
3. Drain the tofu. If necessary, use a paper towel to absorb the excess water on the tofu. Then put the tofu, cream cheese, brown sugar, 100ml of soy milk, lemon juice and lemon zest into a blender, and blend until smooth. Add in the gelatin and blend until smooth.
4. Pour the cream cheese filling over the crust. Spread it evenly and refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
See more great recipes in our Wine & Dine section