Expat Living’s Head of Circulation & Marketing shares her recipe for chilli prawns which is only mildly spicy so is suitable for all tastes. “This is such an easy and quick recipe – great for busy cooks and when you have guests!”
– Anna Tserlingas
Makes 4 to 5 servings
- 1kg medium sized prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- A few dried chillies cut into pieces
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cajun spice (optional)
- Handful coriander, chopped coarsely
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Approximately 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and fry the onions and garlic until slightly soft.
- Add a little water to the chilli powder to make a thick paste; then add to the pan and stir for another two to three minutes, or until the paste separates.
- Add the prawns and gently flip until slightly cooked.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and a dash of cajun spice, if you like it.
- Add the yoghurt and cook the prawns fully (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- Toss in the coriander and serve with rice or couscous.
Like this chilli prawns recipe? See more great recipes in our Wine & Dine section
Restaurants with great veggie options
Asia’s best restaurants: Hong Kong winners
Dining: New venues and menus