Running out of recipe ideas for the family? Heres’ a recommended one for healthy lettuce wraps that makes a great mid-week meal option – happy eating!
“My easy go-to recipe is lettuce wraps. They’re low-cal and healthy, and my kids love them! In fact, my nine-year-old son is the one who cooks them most often!”
– Melinda Murphy, Special Projects
- 500g minced chicken
- 200g rice noodles
- Large lettuce leaves, separated
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 45ml hoisin sauce
- 30ml soy sauce
- 30ml rice wine vinegar
- 15ml chilli sauce
- 5ml sesame oil
- 15ml olive oil
- 5ml freshly ground ginger
- 65g water chestnut, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 spring onions or coriander, finely chopped
- Cook the onions in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and meat.
- Brown the meat thoroughly. Add the carrot, water chestnut, ginger and seasoning ingredients.
- Cook and drain the rice noodles separately according to the package instructions. Cut the noodles with scissors and add to the cooked meat mixture.
- Serve with large lettuce leaves. Everyone fills their own lettuce leaf wraps. Garnish with spring onion or coriander.
See more great recipe ideas in our Wine & Dine section!