Holiday season is a time of giving, so why not give yourself the gift of some yummy delicacies via a French food delivery service?
Plantin Kaviari by Gourmet en Provence has been providing delicious French gastronomy to tables in Hong Kong since 2009. The name reflects two prominent family brands in France, each one a long-standing expert in a different gourmet ingredients: truffles from Plantin, and caviar from Kaviari.
And while we would never say no to truffles and caviar over the celebratory season (especially not after the year we’ve all had!), Plantin Kaviari has a wide range of other special products in its online store. For example, pre-orders of fresh meat and poultry arrive twice weekly from France for delivery to HK doorsteps. The meat is selected by Boucheries Nivernaises, a famous Parisian butcher and proud supplier of the Élysée Palace, the official residence of the French President! Poultry is sourced from farmers in Bourgogne, a region renowned for the superior quality of its products.
There’s other yummy French food on offer too. For example, you’ll find signature “hibernated” beef by famous butcher Alexandre Polmard, Basque Country cold cuts from Louis Ospital, and cheese from Xavier Fromagerie, as well as smoked salmon, Valrhona baking chocolate and treats, juices and nectars by Alain Milliat, and more.
For Christmas and NYE, Plantin Kaviari has a special selection of fresh products for the festive season. The food delivery options include foie gras, goose, capon, turkey and duck, along with a new gift section with lots of options of truffle products, caviar and chocolate. Here’s just a tiny handful of highlights:
- Yellow Farmed Capon (approximately 3.5kg), $850
- Duck Foie Gras Lobe, 500g, $790
- White Truffle Extra Virgin Oil, 100ml, $110
- Kristal Caviar, in portions starting from 30g, $490
- Cheese Platter, 1kg across 5 types (for 10-15 people), $690
There’s also a wide variety of gift sets featuring oils, spreads, caviar, sweets and more. And you can ask about hamper requests, too.
How it works
- Visit the e-shop at plantinkaviari.hk and browse the range of products. Many are available for next day delivery (order by 6pm), whilst fresh items are pre-ordered from France with a longer wait time.
- Delivery is free on purchases from $900 for HK Island and Kowloon, and from $1,200 for the New Territories. You can also do self pick-up from Wong Chuk Hang.
- For Christmas and NYE orders, there’s a special schedule:
Order by 1pm, 13 December for delivery by Christmas Eve
Order by 1pm, 16 December for delivery by New Year’s Eve
This article first appeared in the Winter 2020 issue of Expat Living magazine. Subscribe now so you never miss an issue.