Charissa Areington is a Hong Kong-based health and fitness nutritional coach who brings us a delicious recipe each week. The recipes are based on Nuzest, a premium supplement designed to provide the body with the balance of vitamins and minerals it needs. This month, we’re concentrating on breakfast. It may be the most important meal of the day, but it can also be simple and nutritious, helping boost our energy levels and brain alertness while avoiding those on-the-go coffee-and-croissant mornings! This Chocolate Caramel Vanilla Pancakes recipe is one example.
A word from Charissa
“Nutrients are important for children’s growth and development. We know kids can be fussy eaters so getting them involved when it comes to making their favourite breakfasts is a great way for them to learn about nutrients and also to find what works for them and what alternatives they can have. With each of the meal plans we aim to use less processed, refined ingredients by adding healthier alternatives to the not-so-healthy meals out there. Often it is easy to just grab a basic pancake batter that’s loaded with trans fats, sugars and refined carbs. But often overlooked is that by just adding a few simple ingredients to a blender, you can achieve our healthier weekend pancakes that are suited for the whole family.
With these pancakes, I have added a combination of simple plant-based ingredients along with the Nuzest Kids Good Stuff range; I used the Caramel Vanilla flavour for these pancakes. The pancakes are free from additives, processed sugar and refined carbs. Adding Nuzest Kids Good Stuff to the mix gives not only flavour but added nutrients. Nuzest Kids Good stuff is not just an all-in-one multivitamin but super tasty too!”
• Improved immunity: Helps fill any nutritional gaps in your child’s diet by boosting their vitamins and minerals.
• Supports healthy bones: With 200mg calcium per serve and 8g of plant-based protein to aid growth and development.
• Happier insides: With pre-and probiotics for good digestion and gut support.
• Long-lasting energy: Includes 11 different fruit and veg to help them live, learn, grow and play!
Makes 8-10 pancakes depending on size
- 2 bananas smashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of raw dark cacao powder
- 2 servings of Nuzest Kids Good Stuff Vanilla Caramel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon of dark cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- Add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend until a smooth batter is formed. If it is too thick add a dash of nut milk.
- Set aside whilst preparing your oven. Using a non-stick pan, wipe it out slightly with some raw coconut oil. Allow to heat until medium heat is achieved.
- Lightly pour out spoons of mixture into the pan and flip each side until dark brown.
- Once done, set aside and make your in between layers. (I blended some coconut yoghurt with dark blueberries and Nuzest Clean Lean Protein. The other layers I added some raw macadamia nut butter and sprinkled in between and on top with berries, cacao nibs and some crunched nuts.)
Charissa, originally South African, lived in a few countries, before relocating from Singapore to Hong Kong. As an Online Health and Wellness influencer, Fitness/Nutrition coach, she loves sharing health and wellness where and when she can, especially when it comes to finding healthier alternatives to those not-so-healthy meals.
EL readers can enjoy 10% discount on all products purchased on the Nuzest online shop. Simply enter the code “charissa10” upon checkout to apply the discount. Delivery is free.
Try it out
Scan the QR code below to request a free sample sachet.
See more in our Health & Fitness section
Subscribe to Expat Living magazine now so you never miss an issue!