In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, here’s a fail-safe, healthy vegetarian dish from EL’s Managing Editor to add to your repertoire. Happy cooking and eating!
“A tasty and substantial side dish that will keep you full and satisfied without any guilt!” – Leanda Rathmell
Dukkah-roasted Cauliflower with Avocado Dressing Recipe
Ingredients for patties
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cans of 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dukkah spice
- A pinch of salt
- 1 /3 cup pine nuts
- 1 /2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Large handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 /2 avocado, sliced Dressing
- Half an avocado
- 1 /2 cup Greek yoghurt
- Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the cauliflower and chickpeas onto two large baking trays, and drizzle with the oil.
3. Top with dukkah, salt, and toss to combine. Roast for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. For the dressing, place the avocado, yoghurt, mint, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Using a hand-held blender or a food processor, blend until smooth and creamy.
5. On the stove, heat the pine nuts in a pan at medium heat until slightly browned.
6. Top the cauliflower and chickpeas with the mint, pomegranate seeds and remaining avocado. Drizzle with the avocado dressing, sprinkle pine nuts and serve!
For more foodie inspiration, head to our Wine & Dine section.
Subscribe to Expat Living magazine now so you never miss an issue!