In case you’re stuck in a recipe rut, this barbecued rack of pork recipe is great for the summer months (or any month really!) and is super easy to prepare. Happy cooking and eating!
“I knew this was exceptional when my South African braai aficionado messaged me out of the blue to say it was the best slow-cooked, marinated pork recipe he’d ever had.”
– Sasha Conlan
- 3kg Iberico pork rack, bone-in
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh thyme
- 3 teaspoons red chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Rum (optional)
- Mix garlic, fresh thyme, red chilli flakes, olive oil, salt and rum together and rub the mixture into the fleshy side. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to low-medium heat and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Alternatively, roast in the oven at 180°C, allowing roughly 25 minutes per kg.
- Remove the pork when the internal temperature reads 63°C and let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Like this recipe for barbecued rack of pork? See more in our Wine & Dine section!