Burn off those extra lockdown pounds with this workout from Ultimate Performance Fitness. These calorie-burning exercises target all parts of the body and the best bit is, they’ll take you less than 20 minutes at home or in the gym. No excuses, you can do it!
Exercise #1: Reverse lunge to sumo squat
1. Stand with feet at hip width apart.
2. Step back into a reverse lunge with your left leg. Both knees should be at 90 degrees at this point.
3. While keeping the front foot at a 90-degree angle, bring the back foot back to starting position and assume a wide sumo like stance.
4. Repeat sequence and step back with the right leg.
Exercise#2: Alternating mountain climbers to push-up
1. Assume a plank position with shoulders stacked over your wrists.
2. Bring your right knee towards your left elbow, as close as possible, and return back to the starting plank position.
3. Bring your left knee to your right elbow in the same format.
4. When you return back to plank position, do one push-up, lowering yourself until elbows are bent at 90 degrees.
5. Repeat the entire sequence.
Exercise #3: Dumbbell deadlift
1. Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart, and hinge at the hips.
2. Begin to push your hips as far back as you can, bending forward with a flat back. Lower the dumbbell until your chest is parallel to the ground.
3. Lift your chest to return to standing position.
Exercise #4: Lateral raise isometric hold
1. Clench your fists into a ball (or use dumbbells) and extend your arms outwards, raising your fists to shoulder height. |
2. Once at that position, hold for one minute and feel the burn in your deltoids.
Exercise #5: High knee sprint
1. Begin with your elbows bent at 90 degrees.
2. Raise your right knee and drive your left arm forward, with your right arm back, then alternate – similar to if you were doing a sprint. Do this as fast as you can.
Ultimate Performance recommends performing these five exercises for one minute each, with a 10-second rest in between each exercise. Then, repeat the circuit two more times (so, three sets in total!).
See more in our Health & Fitness section!