“This simple and easy carrot and lentil soup recipe is perfect for when you don’t have much in your pantry. Plus, it only takes 20 to 30 minutes to prepare!” – Anna Tserlingas, Head of Circulations & Marketing
Carrot and Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- Bay leaf
- 1 cup split red lentils
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- Yoghurt (optional)
- 4 to 5 cups of water (you can also mix in some vegetable broth)
1. Heat the oil and fry the onions and vegetables.
2. Once the onions are soft, add the bay leaf and fry it a little.
3. Pour in the water and lentils, and let it boil for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft. Season with salt and pepper when it starts to boil.
4. Serve in bowls and add a spoonful of yoghurt on top if you like.
Like this? See more recipes in our Wine & Dine section!
Subscribe to Expat Living Magazine now so you never miss an issue!