“Chocolate Tiffin is my favourite thing to bake from my British side. This recipe originates from my mum’s grandmother. It reminds me of when we drive from my grandma’s to my aunt’s, which is quite a few hours. We pack slices and often finish them within the first few hours! I love the texture.” – Georgia Bisset, British-South African
Makes approximately 12 servings
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 2 Cadbury chocolate bars
- 50g cut raisins
- 200g semi-sweet biscuits (or shortbread), crumbled
- Mix together margarine, caster sugar, syrup, raisins, drinking chocolate and biscuits. Press the mix into a tin.
- Double boil the chocolate bars, then pour over the base so that it creates a surface layer of at least 1cm.
- Cut into squares before refrigerating for at least two hours.
Like this? See more in our Wine & Dine section:
Subscribe to Expat Living Magazine now so you never miss an issue!