“For an Asian inspired vegetarian appetiser, try this refreshing meat-free Vietnamese Rice Roll made with Quorn mince and bolognese sauce.”
– Sam Leong, Celebrity Chef
Ingredients for patties
- 500g Quorn Mince
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 100g celery, diced
- 100g frozen peas
- One 300g can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 10 Vietnamese rice paper sheets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 100g carrots, shaved
- 100g cucumber, shaved
- 100g onions, sliced
- 100g cabbage, shaved
- 150g Sriracha chili sauce, for dipping
1. To prepare the bolognese sauce, heat oil in a pot over medium heat and add garlic and white onion.
2. When the white onions start to sweat, add in carrots, celery and frozen peas while stirring.
3. Add in the Quorn Mince and mix well, then add in whole peeled tomatoes.
4. Reduce heat slightly and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes. Set it aside to cool.
5. Dip the Vietnamese rice paper in water for 10 seconds to lightly hydrate it and lay it on a flat surface to soften.
6. Place cabbage, carrots, cucumber and onions at the lower portion of the rice paper, followed by the bolognese sauce; then gently roll up the rice paper, tucking in the sides tightly as you roll.
7. To serve, trim and cut the rolls to desired size.
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Like this? See more in our Wine & Dine section!