From staycations for pooches to lavish festive dinners – even a spa treatment featuring chocolate and marshmallows – there are seasonal gifts galore at The Murray, Hong Kong. Here are some highlights.
Christmas Everyday: This seasonal staycation package at The Murray offers daily breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner for two, plus additional freebies (parking, room upgrades from Monday to Thursday, welcome glasses of mulled wine, access to kids’ activities, a Santa photo op and more).
A Pawfect Christmas: The Murray is welcoming furry friends in December, with doggy benefits including a complimentary Christmas pet costume and a Christmas Morning Stocking with their name embroidered on it! Adults will enjoy daily breakfast, an afternoon tea and dinner for two, and other goodies.
- Both staycation packages at the Murray start from HK$3,150 per night, from 1 to 30 December 2021. Guests also receive a Perfume Constellations Set from Atelier Cologne’s Holiday Collection.
- There’s also a New Year Escape available on 31 December 2021 and 1 January 2022, from HK$5,500 per night including daily breakfast and a gala dinner buffet for two.
Christmas Afternoon Tea
- Relish the green surrounds and floorto-ceiling views at Garden Lounge’s Festive Afternoon Tea, daily until 2 January 2022. HK$728 for two (with a pet-friendly option on Cotton Tree Terrace)
- Popinjays is hosting a flamboyant Festive Afternoon Tea of sweet and savoury delights on the rooftop, until 2 January 2022. HK$398 per person
- • Pet favourite Paws For Tea returns on 5 and 12 December at Cotton Tree Terrace. It includes Christmas-themed treats for humans, and goodies from Pet Marketplace for the fur-kids. HK$898 for two
Various brunch options are available on 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19 December:
- The Murray Festive Brunch at The Tai Pan and Garden Lounge is a family friendly semi-buffet brunch with a kids’ corner featuring yummy bites. HK$798/$398 adults/children
- Holiday brunch at Popinjays includes jet-fresh seafood and live stations, with champagne pairing available. HK$798/$398
- Murray Lane has a Tapas Brunch with unlimited cold cuts and desserts, plus a choice of tapas favourites. HK$598/328
- Popinjays marks Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Chef de Cuisine Alexandre Viriot’s lavish five-course dinner of European classics with a modern touch. HK$1,388/$688 adults/ children, 24 December; HK$1,288/$588, 25 December
- On New Year’s Eve, tuck into a five course feast of lobster, seabass and wagyu beef to end the year in style. HK$1,588/$794
- The NYE Countdown Party at Popinjays runs from 8pm until late, with live DJs. Entry includes a glass of champagne and unlimited soft drinks and canapés. HK$1,488, or a special rate of HK$688 or HK$258 for guests dining/staying at The Murray on the night
Murray Christmas Market: This four-day-only market features gourmet food, pet supplies, pantry items and more. Cotton Tree Terrace, 4-9pm, 20-23 December Fun for Kids: There’s a host of activities available for young ones daily in December, including at Santa’s Grotto, Children’s Playroom, Slime Room and Game Arcade.
Wellness at The Murray:
December spa treatments include a Christmas Spice Massage, with a full-body massage infused with pepper, ginger and orange, and a Belgian hot chocolate wrap with marshmallows! HK$1,400/$1,950 for 60/90 minutes.
This article first appeared in the Winter 2021 issue of Expat Living magazine. Subscribe now so you never miss an issue.