In the mood for a sweet treat? Here’s a recipe for Salted Caramel & Chocolate Cookies to try. Happy cooking and eating!
“These chewy salted caramel and chocolate cookies are delicious with a cuppa or warmed and crumbled over ice cream. I love making and eating them!”
– Kel Flanders, EL Editor
Makes approximately 25-30 cookies
Salted Caramel & Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 10 tablespoons (or ½ cup and 2 tablespoons) butter or margarine, softened (Kel likes to substitute half of the butter with natural peanut butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- A large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa (Kel uses cacao)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Mars Bar, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, then beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa (or cacao), baking soda and half of the salt; gradually blend into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and Mars Bar pieces.
- Drop tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture onto a cookie sheet (Kel suggests lining it with baking paper).
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes. (“Do not over-bake! The cookies should be soft,” says Kel. “They’ll puff up while baking and flatten while cooling.”)
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack.
- Sprinkle with remaining sea salt flakes.
Tip: Cool completely before storing.
Send us a recipe! If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Like this? See more foodie inspiration in our Wine & Dine section:
Subscribe to Expat Living magazine now so you never miss an issue!