If you want to take your career to the next level while you are in Hong Kong, why not make the most of having access to one of the world’s leading Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes at The University of Hong Kong (HKU)? Whatever field you work in, an MBA is a sure-fire way to advance yourself professionally if you want to progress to a senior management level. It’s a qualification that will develop your leadership and communication skills, giving you a real edge in today’s competitive employment market.
An MBA is an internationally-recognised degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. Prestigious HKU, the city’s top tertiary institution, has one of the world’s leading MBA courses. The course has been ranked first in Asia for nine years’ running, and 39th worldwide, in The Economist’s World Rankings. In the QS TopMBA.com Return on Investment Report 2018, HKU’s MBA is ranked No. 1 highest 10-year ROI & shortest payback period MBA in Asia Pacific. In the Forbes Full-time MBA Rankings for The Best International MBAs: One-Year Programs, HKU’s MBA is ranked no. 7.
Tailored to meet your needs
Given that Hong Kong professionals lead busy working lives, HKU offers a part-time programme which enables you to up-skill while maintaining your current career. HKU is holding an information session on 23 January for those interested in studying part-time. It welcomes applicants from all industries. Advantages of the part-time programme include:
- Modular Structure: Both weekday and weekend modes are offered on a modular basis to allow students to focus on studying one course at a time. Each module lasts about five weeks. This structure offers tremendous benefits to students, who may have intensive work commitments in a particular period, and can thus choose not to enrol in that module.
- Business Incubation for Entrepreneurs: You can test your business idea in HKU’s MBA flagship elective Business Lab which provides you with opportunities to pursue your passion for entrepreneurship. The aim of this module is to incubate the development and consolidation of business concepts, to seek venture capital and to build a successful startup.
- Career Progression Workshop Series are purposely designed for part-time MBA students to equip them with the competencies required to lead successfully in organisations. These workshops may cover the following areas: Executive Presence, Collaboration and Positive Relations, The Power of Networking for Career Success.
- International Field Trips to Asia, Europe and the US: The field trips include visits to companies and institutions. CEOs and top management of such companies will be invited to speak with students to share their business insights.
- Diversified Class Profile: A diverse mix of students from a range of countries and fields of work enrol in the programme.
- Strong Alumni Network: More than 220,000 University alumni have spread worldwide representing over 150 nationalities. You can further expand your network regionally and globally.
An MBA has a number of benefits, such as increasing your job security and enabling you to negotiate for a better role and salary within your organisation. As the skills gained through the course are transferable, it can also be used as a tool to allow you to manoeuvre to another field. Studying at HKU is also a valuable networking opportunity as you will mix with fellow students of a high calibre.
Find out more about the HKU Part-time Programme:
Where: Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, 22/F United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty
Event: HKU MBA Information Session (Part-time Programme)
When: 7:15 pm – 8:30 pm, 23 January 9, 2019