Time to envelope yourself in something soft and warm! NUAN is the label of Irish-born designer Caoimhe Ryan, and it offers unique, 100 percent pure cashmere products, including undyed and unbleached “eco cashmere” yarn (cashmere in its raw colour). Cashmere is eight times warmer than standard sheep’s wool and a third lighter, as well as being stylish and environmentally friendly. NUAN’s signature Coco Collection has designs that marry intrecciato, or basket-woven knit, with accent fringing. It’s common for customers to end up owning a range of colours and pieces, because they love the style and versatility. Caoimhe says she believes in the notions of “slow fashion” and “investment dressing”: in short, purchasing less clothing, but choosing high-quality items made with great care that can be worn for years. Another core aspect of the brand’s ethos is that we all should give back, so NUAN regularly supports charities such as Watchdog (HK) and Sanctuary for Families (NYC).
1. Poncho Hoodie, $1,050
2. Coco Coat from the NUAN Signature Collection, $1,200
3. Eco Round Neck Poncho, $565, worn with Coco Infinity Scarf, $428
4. Twin Ribbed Duster Set, $775, and Tank, $295
5. Luxury Robe, $1,070
1. Double Sided Scarf, $370, worn with Baby Cashmere Crew Sweater, $445
2. Men’s Luxury Cashmere Kimono Robe, $1,070
3. Luxury Reversible Hoodie, $850
4. Button-down Honeycomb Knit Sweater, $575
5. Coco Accented Men’s Sweater $720
All prices in US$
NUAN has retail outlets in the US and Australia, and products can be purchased online at nuancashmere.com
This article first appeared in the Oct/Nov edition of Expat Living magazine. Subscribe now so you never miss an issue.