If you’re a Hong Kong student with a passion for writing, we have a student story challenge for you!
At Expat Living, we like to publish stories that celebrate all the amazing experiences you can have in Hong Kong. Our team are working on sharing our own favourite experiences, but we would also love to share those of young people in our city. So, we’re inviting students from Year 4 (US Grade 3 or 8-9 years old) and above to submit their Hong Kong stories.
If your story is chosen by our editor, it will be published on expatliving.hk. One story will be published as our Parting Shot story in the June 2020 issue of Expat Living magazine. All our Parting Shot stories are paid HK$1,500 – so, if chosen, you will be too!
Need some inspiration? Check out this story by a Year 4 student about her experience searching for pink dolphins: expatliving.hk/pink-dolphin-spotting-in-hong-kong
The student story brief:
- Theme: Write about your favourite iconic Hong Kong experience or a must-visit destination in the city. Your story should include:
- An introduction of your experience
- The details of how you got there and who you went with
- What you did when you arrived
- What was good and bad about the experience
- Why you recommend it to others
- Length: Your submission should be a maximum of 400 words
- Images: It would be ideal if your story is supported by one or more photos. Make sure you have permission to use them because these will be published with the story if chosen
- School: Tell us which school you attend and what year you’re in
- Deadline: Submit your story by 20 April, 2020
Send your submission to our editor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy your parent or guardian.
We will share published entries via our Facebook page, so make sure you like our page to see which stories we publish.
For more things to do in Hong Kong, visit our Things To Do section or check out these stories: