The festive season is just around the corner, and aside from looking forward to all that gifting and feasting, why not add some seasonal cheer to your home with a beautiful Christmas tree? Whether you’re looking for a live or artificial tree, here’s our guide to where to buy trees of all kinds in Hong Kong.
A Real Christmas Tree: As fresh as it gets!
Love the smell of fresh pine? Here are some spots where you can pick up a live Christmas tree.
- Anglo Chinese Florist: Trees, wreaths, accessories, gifts and arrangements – there’s loads to choose from if you’re looking to get into the festive spirit. Red poinsettias, the red potted plants you can see all over the city, can be purchased here too.
- Chun Hing Garden: The trees on offer from Chun Hing Garden are sourced from the USA. This company also sells red poinsettias and table settings using fresh cuttings.
- Ellerman: Bloom into Christmas with glamorous floral décor by Ellermans. For something a little bit different, style your home with festive floral arrangements, mini trees and wreaths with cascading velvet bows.
- Gift Flowers HK: Live Christmas trees from Gift Flowers HK come in various sizes with free delivery.
- Mong Kok Flower Market: Don’t just wait for Chinese New Year to visit the iconic Mong Kok Flower Market. From November, stores fill with displays of Christmas decorations, including Christmas trees, to help you create wonderful festive displays.
- Pacific Petals: Holland noble trees dressed in gold and royal purple ornaments create a starry night Christmas theme by Pacific Petals. Complete your festive décor with the luxury matching wreath and Moët flower arrangement.
- Rosewood luxury Christmas shop: Take the hassle out of Christmas and select a tree to be delivered to your home, decorated and dismantled at your convenience. Or if you’re short on space, dress your interior with exclusive festive arrangements and wreaths by Rosewood.
- Sophie’s Christmas Trees: Choose from three different types of tree in varying sizes, wreaths and candy cane-shaped garnishes. This website has clear delivery dates for each region of Hong Kong.
- Xmas Tree Online: This is a one-stop-shop for buying, delivering and removing (super important!) your real Christmas tree from North America. They also offer accessories like wreaths and tree stands.
Artificial trees: Fake but fab!
No need to worry about sweeping up pine needles or branches with an artificial Christmas tree. These handy numbers are easy to stow away and can also be set up for many Christmases to come!
- D’Silva Creations: This is a handy option for pre-lit trees with bespoke decoration kits and seasonally decorated wreaths and tabletop trees.
- Francfranc: If you’re looking for something a little more unique, purchase a colourful or traditional Christmas tree with matching ornaments, home accessories and lighting from Francfranc.
- IKEA: Oh, IKEA, what would we do without you! It has everything you need for a quick and efficient Christmas set-up.
- Indigo Living: This popular store has beautiful decorative trees that would look great in any home, not to mention a huge range of baubles, decorative lights, ornaments, garlands and much more. It’s a must-visit for anyone looking to make their space more Christmassy.
- Oncor: Make celebrating Christmas eco-friendly with Christmas trees created using 100% recycled materials. Browse the huge selection of trees on Oncor’s website to find the style, shape and shades to suit you.
- Royal Christmas: For something you are not likely to see in most homes, take your Christmas décor to new heights with Royal Christmas’ Upside Down Ceiling Trees. Or select something more traditional from the online store’s large range of wreaths, garlands and Christmas trees with mobile phone-controlled LED lighting.
- Supermarkets: Try your local CitySuper and large supermarkets for trees and decorations.
Merry Christmas and happy decorating from us all at Expat Living Hong Kong!
Read more in our Living in Hong Kong section!