The festive season is just around the corner, and aside from looking forward to all that gifting and feasting, why not add some seasonal cheer to your home with a beautiful Christmas tree? Whether you’re looking for a live or artificial tree, here’s our guide to where to buy trees of all kinds in Hong Kong.
Note: Due to the worldwide shipment issues, supplies of Christmas trees have been disrupted this year. Please check with individual suppliers for updates.
A Real Christmas Tree: As fresh as it gets!
Love the smell of fresh pine? Here are some spots where you can pick up a live Christmas tree.
- Anglo Chinese Florist: Trees, wreaths, accessories, gifts and arrangements – there’s loads to choose from if you’re looking to get into the festive spirit. Red poinsettias, the red potted plants you can see all over the city, can be purchased here too.
- Chun Hing Garden: The trees on offer from Chin Hing Garden are sourced from the USA. This company also sells red poinsettias and table settings using fresh cuttings.
- Gift Flowers HK: Live Christmas trees from Gift Flowers HK come in various sizes with free delivery.
- Oliver’s: This year, Oliver’s will import two six-to-seven-foot options direct from the USA; Noble Fir, with dense foliage and a strong scent and Nordman Fir, which offers a lighter scent. Order before 10 December to get the early bird discounted price of $1,1710 with free delivery. Order on the yuu App.
- P&F Garden: The team here has been in the landscape gardening biz for three decades, so they’ll be able to sort our your Christmas needs, from live trees to decorations.
- Gift Flowers HK: Live Christmas trees from Gift Flowers HK come in three sizes with free delivery.
- Van der Bloom: Don’t have room for a full tree? A Van der Bloom wreath or table setting might bring some Christmas cheer to your small space.
- Sophie’s Christmas Trees: Choose from three different types of tree in varying sizes. This website has clear delivery dates for each region of Hong Kong.
- Xmas Tree Online: This is a one-stop-shop for buying, delivery and removal (super important!) of your real Christmas tree; it also offers accessories like wreaths and tree stands.
Artificial trees: Fake but fab!
No need to worry about sweeping up pine needles or branches with an artificial Christmas tree. These handy numbers are easy to stow away and can also be set up for many Christmases to come!
- Indigo Living: This popular store has beautiful decorative trees that would look great in any home, not to mention a huge range of baubles, decorative lights, ornaments, garlands and much more. It’s a must-visit for anyone looking to make their space more Christmassy.
- IKEA: Oh, IKEA, what would we do without you! It has everything you need for a quick and efficient Christmas set-up.
- D’Silva Creations: This is a handy option for pre-decorated trees and wreaths.
- Supermarkets: Try your local CitySuper and large supermarkets for trees and decorations.
Merry Christmas and happy decorating from us all at Expat Living Hong Kong!
Read more in our Living in Hong Kong section!