When it comes to cooking for the festive season, it can sometimes get all too overwhelming. Especially with the size of some of our kitchens in Hong Kong. Our latest recipe is quick and easy, and you can even get the kids involved too! Time to get messy.
Christmas Coconut Balls
Makes approximately 25
- 1 pack digestive biscuits (250 grams)
- 2 food storage bags and a rolling pin or mallet
- Red and green glace cherries, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 400g can condensed milk
- Christmas sprinkles (red and green)
- Crushed candy cane
- Extra coconut
- Place biscuits in a food storage bag and, using a rolling pin or mallet, crush into coarse crumbs. Alternatively, whizz in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, cherries and biscuits.
- Add the condensed milk and stir until well combined.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll the mixture into balls; size doesn’t really matter, but the smaller they are the more of them you get!
- Roll in coconut, crushed candy cane or green and red Christmas sprinkles before placing in fridge to harden.