Chef William of the Weber Grill Academy shares with us a delicious recipe for Asian-style soy sauce roast chicken. Happy cooking and eating!
“Discover the possibility of cooking Asian dishes on the Weber grill!” – William Lum, Weber Grill Academy Chef
Soy Sauce Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 fresh chicken (around 1.2kg)
- 2 litres superior light soy sauce
- 1.2kg rock sugar
- 1 litre water
- 80g salt
- 30ml superior dark soy sauce
- 120ml Chinese rice wine (Hua Tiao Chiew)
- 20g chicken powder seasoning
- 15g star anise
- 15g cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 5g dried tangerine
- 15g Chinese liquorice
- 15g red cardamom
- 15g dried ginger
- Ensure that your grill has been pre-heated on mediumlow heat to 160°C.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking by turning off one of the burners or arranging your charcoals.
- Bring all the ingredients, except the chicken, to a boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Let the dried herbs infuse and leave the soy stock to cool.
- Marinate the chicken with the stock for 45 minutes.
- Place the poultry roaster into the grill on the cooler zone and roast the chicken for 40 minutes.
- Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade for added flavour and colour. Roast for 10 more minutes.
- Use the thermometer to check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 75°C.
- Once cooked, remove from the grill and let the chicken rest for five minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Check out the full range of Weber grills online at weber.com/hk!
Like this? See more recipes and foodie inspiration in our Wine & Dine section.