“This recipe for Coconut Chocolate Balls has been passed down through the generations and is always a big hit. It’s fun for the kids to make – and for the adults, you can add Baileys for an extra kick!” – Juliet Keys
- 1 packet (250g) milk arrowroot biscuits
- 1 tin (395g) condensed milk
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Extra desiccated coconut for rolling
Tip: You can reduce the amount of coconut to cocoa in the mix if you prefer a more chocolatey flavour, or add Baileys for the adult version.
- Crush the biscuits in a blender, or for more fun with the kids, place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the cocoa powder, coconut and condensed milk, and stir well. (For the adult version add 4-6 tablespoons of Baileys to the mix.)
- Take a small amount of the mixture and roll into a ball between palms.
- Roll each ball in the extra coconut to coat.
- Continue with the rest of the mixture.
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
See more great recipe ideas in our Wine & Dine section!