If you want to take your career to the next level while you are in Hong Kong, why not make the most of having access to one of the world’s leading Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes at The University of Hong Kong (HKU)? Whatever field you work in, an MBA is a sure-fire way to advance yourself professionally if you want to progress to a senior management level. It’s a qualification that will develop your leadership and communication skills, giving you a real edge in today’s competitive employment market.
An MBA is an internationally-recognised degree designed to develop the skills required for careers in business and management. Prestigious HKU, the city’s top tertiary institution, has one of the world’s leading MBA courses. The course has been ranked first in Asia for eight years’ running, and 25th worldwide, in The Economist’s World Rankings. In the 2017 Financial Times ranking of ‘Top MBAs for Finance’, HKU’s MBA is ranked no. 12 in the world and is the no. 1 Asian school. In the Forbes Full-time MBA Rankings for The Best International MBAs: One-Year Programs, HKU’s MBA is ranked no. 7.
Tailored to meet your needs
Given that Hong Kong professionals lead busy working lives, HKU offers a part-time programme which enables you to up-skill while maintaining your current career. HKU is holding an information session on 16 December for those interested in studying part-time. It welcomes applicants from all industries. Advantages of the part-time programme include:
- It can be completed within a minimum of two years and a maximum of four years
- Students can choose between weekday and weekend modes. Weekday mode classes are held on weekday evenings from 6.30pm to 9.45pm in Admiralty. Weekend mode classes are held on Saturdays from 9.30am to 5pm in Admiralty or Cyberport.
- A career progression workshop is offered for working professionals
- The modular structure sees each module lasting about five week, allowing students to immerse themselves in one course at a time
- International field trips give students the chance to travel to Europe and Asia
- There is a Business Lab for students interested in entrepreneurship
- A diverse mix of students from a range of countries and fields of work enrol in the programme
- Students are given access to the HKU alumni network
An MBA has a number of benefits, such as increasing your job security and enabling you to negotiate for a better role and salary within your organisation. As the skills gained through the course are transferable, it can also be used as a tool to allow you to manoeuvre to another field. Studying at HKU is also a valuable networking opportunity as you will mix with fellow students of a high calibre. The marketplace has a high regard for MBA graduates, with an employer survey conducted by the US Graduate Management Admission Council showing 86 per cent of companies intended to hire an MBA graduate in 2017.
Find out more about the HKU Part-time Programme:
Where: Theatre A & B, Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce, 22/F United Centre, 95 Queensway
Event: HKU MBA Information Session
When: 2pm–4pm, 16 December
Want to stay in the loop with what’s happening in Hong Kong? Join our mailing list!