A thirst-quenching pitcher of this Asian take on iced tea is the perfect refreshment on hot, lazy afternoons at the poolside, and at barbecues. We love this recipe for Lemongrass iced tea from Robert Danhi’s Easy Thai Cooking.
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 whole stalks of lemongrass
- 8 cups (1.75 litres) water
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 2 black teabags
- Simmer the lemongrass and water over a low heat for 20 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sugar and teabags and steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain, cool and chill in the refrigerator. Serve over crushed ice.
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to email@example.com with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Like this recipe for Lemongrass Iced Tea? See more recipes in our Wine & Dine section: