Miso Glazed Salmon: Serves 4
4 salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
¼ cup white miso paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons mirin
Spring onion curls to garnish
Olive oil spray
– Dry-fry sesame seeds and set aside to cool.
– Preheat grill to high.
– In a bowl, whisk together miso, sugar, vinegar, soy and mirin.
– Spray both sides of fish with olive oil spray.
– Line baking tray with parchment paper, place salmon fillets face down and grill for 3 minutes or to your liking.
– Turn right-side-up and grill for 3 more minutes.
– Remove from grill and place a large dollop of miso sauce mixture on each piece of each salmon. Spread with back of spoon.
– Return to grill for 2 minutes until miso sauce is slightly charred.
– Sprinkle with spring onion curls and sesame seeds.
Serve with steamed rice (or mashed potato), broccoli and carrots, and drizzle over any leftover miso sauce.