Shopping for vintage clothes is not the first thing that people associate with Hong Kong, with all its shiny shopping malls. However, if you are keen to reduce the global textile waste and you love to recycle and wear unique items, it’s still possible to find some real gems while living here. This month, personal stylist ELLEN LOBLER shares her tips on how best to nail vintage style.
Our model, Norbyah Nolasco, is a local vintage expert/stylist and blogger. We asked her to share tips on where to shop for the ecofriendly vintage trend:
* Etsy.com, the online global community where likeminded people sell vintage and homemade clothes. Make sure to check out Norbyah’s favourite shops, Flin Flon (which is Hong Kong-based) and Vic & Lily.
* Mee and Gee, 64 Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok, and 9 Li Yuen Street West, Central
* Midwest, Shop 58, G/F, Victoria Center, 15 Watson Road, Tin Hau
* Reverie, 23/F, 1 Duddell Street, Central
* Select 18, Shop A, 18 Bridges Street, Central
Photos: Anna Bowkis Photography
Model: Norbyah Nolasco. If you’re interested in vintage fashion, you will love her blog, imanorbyah.com, which features lots of styling and shopping tips.
For more style inspiration head over to our body and style page. Happy shopping!