Box of Hope’s annual campaign to provide useful, fun and educational gifts to tens of thousands of underprivileged children in Hong Kong and Asia each Christmas will run from 7 to 18 November this year.
Here’s how to contribute:
Make a Box of Hope
Making a box is easy! By following a few simple steps, you are well on your way to bringing a smile to a child’s face.
- Find an empty shoe box, or a reusable bag.
- Decorate your box or bag.
- Add in your gifts – every box needs to have at least: toothbrush, toothpaste, a bar of soap, a notebook, (colour) pencils, sharpener, a game, and; something to love. Notebooks, colour books, (colour) pencils and and games are the most wanted gifts – see the gallery on the website for some inspiration. Try to add products in your box that reflect the age group and feel free to add in extra items if you still have some space in your box.
- Complete the Box of Hope sticker and attach it.
- Drop off the box at one of the collection points.
Donations can be made via PayPal or through the website at www.boxofhope.org.
Join Box of Hope at their office in Exchange Square in Central for a fun and fulfilling three-hour session: 9.30am to 12.30pm or 1.30pm to 4.30pm, from Monday 7 November to Friday 18 November. Click the links below to sign up.
Box Checking Sign Up
Box Packing Sign Up
boxofhope.org | @boxofhopehk | #boxofhope2022
See more in our Living in Hong Kong section!