Most of us have our go-to recipes, be it for a mid-week lunch, a dinner party pleaser or a sumptuous cake that Nigella Lawson would be proud of. In case you’re stuck in a food rut, however, here’s a fail-safe recipe to add to your repertoire. Try this healthy grilled mustard herb salmon recipe sent in by reader Ayse Davies. Bon appétit!
“I’m actually not sure where I got this recipe from, but we use it a lot! It’s healthy, delicious, super-simple and fast to make. My nine-year-old daughter loves it, and everyone who has tried it has asked for the recipe. We serve it with lemony couscous, and a mixed green salad or green beans.”
– Ayse Davies, UK
Healthy Grilled Mustard Herb Salmon Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Four 170g skin-on salmon fillets
- Kosher salt (coarse-grain) and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, mix the mustard with the shallot, dill and coriander. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and brush the mustard mixture over the fish, avoiding the skin.
- Grill the salmon skin-side down over a moderately high heat until the skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and grill over a moderate heat until just opaque in the centre, about 4 minutes longer. Transfer the salmon to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Looking for more healthy recipes? See our Wine & Dine section
Healthy vegan recipe: Tofu Barrels
Healthy veggie mac and cheese recipe