If you’re in the mood for a sweet treat that you don’t have to feel guilty about, try this Carrot Cake Bliss Balls Recipe!
“One of my favourite afternoon snacks with a cup of freshly brewed coffee! It satisfies my sweet cravings, yet I feel it’s quite healthy with the carrots and oats.”
– Karin van Vliet, Publisher of Table Tales
Makes approximately 20 balls
- 240g carrots
- 2 fresh Medjool dates, pitted
- 150g raisins
- Pinch of salt
- 150g oats or oatmeal (Karin sometimes uses grated coconut instead)
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon or cardamom
- 40g grated coconut (to roll the balls in)
1. Grate the carrots, and cut the dates and raisins into small pieces. If you have a juicer, juice the carrots and use the pulp – this will make the bliss balls a bit firmer.
2. Place all ingredients (except the grated coconut to roll the balls in) into a large bowl and knead well. The longer you knead, the better the ingredients will stick together. (You don’t need a kitchen machine for this!)
3. Make the balls around 3 to 4cm in diameter, and then roll them through the grated coconut.
4. Store in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Send us a recipe!
If you have a favourite dish you’d like to submit for an upcoming issue, please send an email titled “Recipe Corner” to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recipe, a photo of yourself, and a few words about your dish.
Like this recipe for Carrot Cake Bliss Balls? See more great recipes and foodie inspiration in our Wine & Dine section!