Forget airlines and sidestep your travel agent this vacation holiday by hopping on board a luxury train. Your vacation gets much better watching the enchanting landscapes of Southeast Asia slipping by from the plush observation area of the Eastern & Oriental Express train. Here are some fast facts about the range of holiday journeys you can experience on the famous holiday Asia travel journey by train, taking in vibrant cities, tranquil hill stations, ancient temples and beautiful beach resorts. All aboard the Orient Express for your next holiday vacation!
1. A quarter of a mile in length, the Eastern & Oriental Express luxury train is the sister train to Europe’s legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Its aim is to recapture the golden age of rail travel through one of the world’s most beautiful and exotic regions to experience your luxury Asia travel holiday.
2. The train accommodates 132 passengers in 66 private en-suite air-conditioned cabins, making it a great way not only to discover Southeast Asia, but also a perfect setting for a celebration, quick holiday, special occasion event or luxury vacation.
3. The range of Asia travel experiences includes Classic Journeys — Bangkok to Singapore and vice versa — or a series of special holiday Chronicles of Southeast Asia journeys, which venture even further off the beaten track and into the heart of Thailand and Laos.
4. Train journeys on the Eastern & Oriental Express are not just about the luxury holiday found on the train, but also the opportunities to meet locals in the various destinations while on vacation, whether its the elders of tiny villages or Thailand’s first female oenologist at a cutting-edge winery.
5. Speaking of meeting people, the Observation Bar inside the train, with its teak-wood flooring and panelled walls, is the vacation spot to enjoy early-evening cocktails with other guests. There’s also an outdoor observation area to enjoy the views from the luxury train.
6. Gourmet dining cuisine is a feature of each journey, with acclaimed chefs creating Eastern and Western specialities that are served in two Restaurant Cars, while a breakfast of croissants, fruit, coffee, tea and juice is delivered daily to your cabin.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd has introduced the new name Belmond for its iconic Asia travel trains, hotels and river cruises worldwide. To celebrate the launch of the new brand, they’re offering readers a special discount for upcoming holidays and vacation time: book now for travel by November 2014 and enjoy up to 15-percent off all Eastern & Oriental Express journeys. Quote code EB15 to receive the offer.